The best books on horse racing betting to read?
There are many great books that teach the basics of betting on horse racing and best paths to profit.
If you’re a newcomer to the sport, I’d suggest beginning with “Ainslie’s Encyclopedia of Thoroughbred Handicapping,” an absolute classic that will give you a great knowledge base to build on.
Advanced recommended horse betting readings include
- Andrew Beyer’s classic “Picking Winners”;
- “Betting Thoroughbreds” by Steven Davidowitz;
- “Modern Pace Handicapping” by Tom Brohamer;
- “The Handicapper’s Condition Book” by James Quinn;
- “Exotic Betting” by Steven Christ
- “The Skeptical Handicapper” by Barry Meadow (a relative newcomer published in 2019).