The best books on horse racing betting to read?
There are many great books that teach the basics of betting on horse racing and best paths to profit.
If you’re a newcomer to the sport, I’d suggest beginning with “Ainslie’s Encyclopedia of Thoroughbred Handicapping,” an absolute classic that will give you a great knowledge base to build on.
Advanced recommended horse betting readings include
- Andrew Beyer’s classic “Picking Winners”;
- “Betting Thoroughbreds” by Steven Davidowitz;
- “Modern Pace Handicapping” by Tom Brohamer;
- “The Handicapper’s Condition Book” by James Quinn;
- “Exotic Betting” by Steven Christ
- “The Skeptical Handicapper” by Barry Meadow (a relative newcomer published in 2019).
You can wager on horse races online in these U.S. states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- Deposit $150 for $150 bonus within 30 days of sign up
- You earn $200 in bonus cash as long as you wager $800 on eligible races.BET200
- Up to $250 in bet bonus with 50% match250DMTC
- Must be 18 or older (21 in AL, MI, ND, IN and WA) to open a wagering account with NYRA Bets and reside in a state where such activity is legal.MATCH200